From seeing the colours to smelling the scent, flowers in a vase are a fragment of beauty. I wanted to take a moment and capture my lovely flowers with a quick sketch. I was feeling brave so sketched straight away with black ink only to find out the ink was not waterproof when I added watercolour – doh!
As I noticed my black lines mixing into my paint my thoughts went like this in no logical order (I am very sorry for the swearing):
- Shit, shit, shhhiiittttttttt!
- Oh no it’s bloody ruined!
- Might as well throw it in the bin!
- Maybe, if I dab my paint..
- Okay maybe this is working..
- Looks even more shit now!
- What’s the point?
- Give up!
- Actually it’s not to bad.
- Maybe, it will look better in the morning..
- What am I doing it’s almost midnight….go to sleep…
I am so glad I carried on and didn’t throw it away as it looked okay in the morning. I think this is what ‘artists’ call a happy accident!